Alex Honor (SimplifyOps) was giving a private demo of Rundeck to Manjunath Narayan (InfoSys) and they decided to record it for the community.
The demo covers basic Rundeck usage using the scenario of a fictitious online retailer.
- Topics include overviews of:
- Rundeck's web UI
- Option providers to integrate with other tools
- Using node views and job history to show status and create dashboards for others to follow
- Running ad-hoc Commands
- Configuring and executing Jobs
- Using Rundeck to improve handoffs between Dev and Ops
- Sending output to a chat system
- Rundeck's ACL to control views and restrict actions
- Key store (and keeping passwords secret)